Thursday, November 7, 2013

Givenchy Teint Couture Foundation Review

My foundation obsession continues and this week's review is on Givenchy Teint Couture Foundation.
Let's start with the "not necessarily a con" of this foundation. It contains .8 FL OZ compared to a typical 1 FL OZ of product for $49.00 US (C$59.00) and that it has a very limited shade range, I think there are 8 shades to choose from. Lastly, this foundation did oxidized on my skin but not too bad to have caused a mismatch on my neck (easy fix-just carry your foundation on to your neck or use a bronzer) Other than that, let's get to the reasons why I love this product..
Packaging is beautiful, elegant and pump is definitely controllable. Texture is silky and applies beautifully. I love that it doesn't feel mask-y like other foundations when layered for more coverage. I applied two layers to see how buildable the foundation is to cover my skin imperfections and with two layers it is definitely a medium+ coverage with a comfortable, satin finish. I for one like my T-zone to be matte so I always set my foundations with a pressed powder but, this foundation gives a very nice satin finish that I actually didn't want to set it with powder. 
Longevity-wise, I would say its a good 10 hour with very minimal blotting throughout the day (maybe I should've set it with powder lol) This foundation is said to have been formulated to have a 15 hour wear as well as oil-control agent and when I wore it the second time and set it with powder I found it to have lasted longer to about 12 hours and have only blotted once so the oil-control claim was true with the help of a setting powder. It also claims to contains hydro-magnets to help the skin stay plump and luminous and a zinc derivative for free radical protection. 
I also love the fact that it is not sticky upon application and no transfer when I blotted with a tissue.
This foundation also did have a scent but nothing too obnoxious. So if you are sensitive to scent in your foundation, this might be something to bare in mind when trying out or purchasing this product.
Overall, I am quiet pleased with this foundation for it's medium coverage, longevity and SPF protection. Definitely recommend this to anyone who has a normal to oily-combination skin. Perfect for a fall/winter season foundation. However, if you are sensitive to silicone or alcohol you may want to try a sample first to see how this wears and reacts to your skin first before committing to a full size purchase. Oh might want to mention that this foundation also photographs beautifully with no white cast when tested with flash photography.
 
Comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to share & socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......stay beauty-full :)

No comments:

Post a Comment