Friday, November 1, 2013

Drugstore Product Rave; Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation

I have to say drugstore products has definitely come a long way....I get ecstatic when I find something from the drugstore that I actually like and would recommend =)
I've always said, if you're going to splurge on something, invest in a really good primer and foundation. Well... not today =) This product undeniably competes with some of my high end products if not better and withstands my day to day undertakings.
I purchased this Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation at my local CVS for about $13.99.
This foundation has full coverage with just one layer, (at least for me anyway) and perfect for Oily/Combination even problematic skin as it contains salicylic acid and you don't need to set it with powder because it dries matte for about 11 hours and I started to see separation at the 12th hour mark (It claims 24 hours but who really wears foundation for 24 hours though?!?!? lol)
Only slight trouble I had with this is that, it was kind of hard to blend with my brushes or beauty blender sponge, It blends well with fingers but I am one of those who just uses my fingers to place the product on my skin and blend with brushes or beauty blender sponge so I had to somehow figure out a way to make this work with my brush and alas, one method I tried was successful =) I added a small amount of moisturizer to give it a little slip and help the foundation blend easier with a synthetic flat top kabuki brush.
With the heavier and mattifying texture of this foundation I wouldn't recommend usage under-eye or eye lids and/or if you have dry skin.
Overall, I really like this foundation and the way it just controls oil and definitely going to be my non-special occasion day to day, warm/summer go to foundation.


Do you have this product? What do you think of this foundation?
Comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to share & socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......stay beauty-full :)

No comments:

Post a Comment