Thursday, November 21, 2013

2013 Holiday Releases....Part II

Jumping right into part deux of this holiday releases... The same goes from part 1, This is not a review of any of the products, if you would like a more in-depth review of any of the products that I own in their respective collection, please leave a comment below.

TOO FACED [Joy To The Girls, A Few Of My Favorite Things, Be Merry & Bright, All I Want For Christmas, Jingle All The Way]

This year's collection was a collaboration between the minds of Too Faced Co-Founder Jarrod Blandino and his friend celebrity decorator Mary McDonald, hence the artsy, chevron designs flowing through the packaging of this year's collections.

I was personally indecisive on which on whether picking up the A Few of my Favorite Things set ($56) which was a Sephora exclusive and contains 20 shadows, 2 Bronzers, 2 Blushes, a deluxe size of their Better Than Sex Mascara and 1 Lip Injection color bomb lipstick pencil, but the defining factor eventually came to me already owning a full size of the BTS mascara, and was not too keen about my lips burning with the lip injection stick pencil (I mean serious burning, not your average tingle) I opted for the Joy To The Girls palette ($46) instead with 15 shadows and 1 full size LashGasm mascara. Nothing too exciting but I believe all the shadows in these collections are all limited edition shades. Another one that caught my radar from this collection is the exclusive one for Ulta, which is the Be Merry, Be Bright palette ($45) which comes with a cute chevron clutch that houses the palette containing 12 shadows, 2 Blushes, 2 Bronzers and 1 mascara. My least favorite from this collection would probably be the All I Want For Christmas set ($45) this comes with 1 deluxe size eye liner, 1 trio of 2 shadows and a blush, 1 mascara, shadow insurance primer and a lip stick. The Jingle All The Way ($25) on the other hand is uber cute and I definitely think is a great stocking stuffer, It is an iphone mock up palette containing 11 shadows, 1 bronzer and 1 blush perfect for on the go :)





LORAC [Rockin Red Hot- Lashes Set, 3D Liquid Lustre Set, Lip Gloss Collection, Mini Lip Gloss Collection, Eye Shadow and Lip Gloss Set, PRO Set]

So this year, while I am digging the Rockin' Red Hot theme, I was kind of disappointed with Lorac's collection, there were only 2 sets that I personally would purchase and that would be the  Rockin Red Hot PRO Set ($39) which has the PRO Palette, PRO Liquid Eye Liner and the Scenes Eye Primer and I already own the palette so it's really moot to even add this to the 2 that I would purchase so I guess technically I would only purchase the Rockin Red Hot 3D Liquid Lustre Set ($28) I already own the platinum that comes in this set but the other 3 are limited edition colors and I love these lusters, but of course the one I wanted is sold out so yeah needless to say I haven't bought any of this year's collection from Lorac. Anyhow, the other rockin addition to this collection are the Rockin Red Hot Lip Gloss Collection ($27) with 6 Full Size Antioxidant Lip Glosses, Rockin Red Hot Mini Lip Gloss Collection ($24) which would make for a great stocking stuffer for that gloss lover in your list or the Rockin Red Hot Lashes Set ($23) consist of the PRO mascara and Lash curler. This one Rockin Red Hot Eye Shadow and Lip Palette Set ($25) is a Kohl's exclusive, it contains a lip palette (7 cream and 3 Lip Glosses) and a palette of 10 matte and shimmer shadows, Great buy if you ask me :)





BENEFIT [Countdown To Love Advent Calendar, It's A Love Fest, Show Me Love! Best of Benefit, Little Love Potions, Luv It Up Color Kit, Groovy Kind of Love, Love At First Shine Gloss Set]

Benefit's Holiday collection seems to be themed around LOVE :) and as much as I love Benefit and their boxed powders (I know off topic here lol) I really didn't "Love" any of this season's collections either, I mean probably because I own the ones I already love and most of the she collections are all sample sizes of what I already have :/ But for those who are just discovering their love for Benefit, these are great sets to have and try out before committing to the full sizes :)
Starting with probably the most expensive one of the bunch is the uber creative Countown to Love Advent Calendar ($68), This contains 24 mini beauty treasures inside each day box (with my impatient self, I would not be making it to day 24, this would be un-boxed at day 1 lol). The rest of the collection with more deluxe/mini sizes are Groovy Kind Of Love ($36) containing minis of POREfessional primer, They're Real Mascara, Benetint, Dandelion & Gimee Fever powder duo + brush and a palette of 4 eye shadows with a double ended sponge applicator. Next on the $36 price scale is the Show Me Love! Best of Benefit ($36) this one actually contains a full size of They're Real Mascara, Benetint and a mini POREfessional primer in a tin canister. It's A Love Fest ($36) another tin canister set with a full size POREfessional primer, mini Coralista Gloss, SunBeam and a full size They're Real Mascara. Another mini-full set is the Little Love Potion ($36) All Minis of POREfessional primer, It's Potent Eye Cream, High Beam, Posietint, Stay Don't Stray (Light-Med) shadow primer, Watts Up, Bad Gal Mascara, That Gal, Hoola Bronzer, Ultra Plush Lip Gloss. For another stocking stuffer favorite, we have Love At First Shine Gloss Set ($26) which contains 6 Ultra Plush Lip Glosses, or the Luv It Up Color Kit ($25) with 3 long wearing shadows, 1 mini creaseless cream shadow and 1 mini Lip Gloss.








Okay all that minis, chevrons and reds concludes the part deux of this Holiday Releases :)
Which collections caught your eyes on this episode?!??! I'd love to see what's on your wish list, Do share below :)
Comment with your thoughts below or email with any queries, don't forget to share & socialize with me on twitter, instagram and facebook ......stay beauty-full :)

No comments:

Post a Comment